Friday, January 20, 2017

Halflings Part II (LeafGrave project)

More StoneHaven Halflings this week, as I'm keeping up with my goals of painting 5 per week. The little buggers are a ton of fun to paint, and since each one is very different it keeps me from being bored of painting the same thing.

And so this week we have a gardener, a lorekeeper, a ranger, a ratcatcher and a skelly.


From left to right : Ranger, Gardener, Ratcatcher, Skelly and Lorekeeper


I exceptionally went with a different base style for the skeleton as the nice and happy goblin green didn't seem to fit very well with him. That figure is very cool, and the smoking pipe is a nice touch. I love the funny details on many of them; if you look closely, the Lorekeeper, just like any good teacher, has elbow patches on his jacket!

Same as the previous Halflings,  I used green and brown when possible while still going all over the place in terms of colours, to keep their individuality.

25 more points for the challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bunch of figures and a good job chipping away at that point total. I think little successes consistently are better than infrequent points bombs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean. Yeah, to this point during a normal work week my goal is a minimum of 5 figures entered in the Challenge. I can manage that, and usually I have some extra time to start work on something else.

      Delete