Thursday, January 7, 2016

Burgold Festus, Champion of Nurgle

Today, an iconic sculpt from Jes Goodwin, and possibly my favourite Nurgle champion of them all.


I used browns and sickly greens for him rather than the black and green I used with the rest of my army, but I managed to include just a touch of my "poison Green" (eyes and axe symbols) to tie him up. Those old sculpts are so much fun to paint. In fact it's one of the figures I enjoyed most painting in years. I'll have to paint the other Nurgle champions now, probably sooner than later. A unit of them? Would that be too much?


Nothing starts a new year with more style than a classic figure from the 80s, am I right?!

6 comments:

  1. He's my fave of the Nurgle ones too, excellent job here. Really like th edifferent shades !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JB! He's going to have a place of choice in my army.

      Delete
  2. Nice work.

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ca commence fort par ici :) Belle pièce.
    A l'époque j'avais acheté un blister de Champions de Nurgle qui contenait cette figurine. Je n'étais pas très content car je n'aimais pas sa tête de mouche, je préférais les casques du Chaos bien méchant.
    Maintenant je dois bien avoué que c'est le contraire!!
    A+ Nico

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merci! Les goûts changent; quand j'étais jeune je n'aimais pas du tout les Champions de Khorne, trop cliché je trouvais. Il y a quelques mois j'ai fini une unité complète...

      Delete
  4. One of the ultimate Nurgle figures ever sculpted there, and you have a done a great job bringing it to life. I love the vibrant green you used on the compound eyes and the way the same colour is referenced on the weapon.

    ReplyDelete